cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False information supplied to Clearscore/Equifax

SpecialKS
Tuning in

I recently applied to Clearscore.com (whose information is based on Equifax reports) and the result has come up with three anomalies, all reported by Virgin Media.

Two relarte to non-payment (June and July 2023) and one to default/repossession. As I pay by direct debit and have checked my bank statements these reports are false and are impugning my integrity. Desp[ite many attempts to contact Virgin Media by online redirection and telephone I am unable to speak with anyone to ascertain why this has happened - I get a "Ooops, Wrong Page" response online. If I cannot even get a response by email what is the point of having fibre broadband from Virgin Media?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can also email all the details with documentary proof of the alleged inaccuracies, to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

They should respond on a 14-21 day basis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SpecialKS 👋 welcome back to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your credit score. 
In the first instance, we always recommend lodging a dispute directly with your credit lender. (Clearscore / Equifax). 

We can also offer further support in raising a case with our credit file amendments team if needed. To take a closer look at the account, and to help get this raised for you we will send you a PM to confirm a few account details. 
I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can also email all the details with documentary proof of the alleged inaccuracies, to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

They should respond on a 14-21 day basis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for posting this japitts 🙂

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you for the prompt reply Molly_T. I have replied to your private email with the appropriate answers.

I have raised my query with both Clearscore and Equifax. Let me make it plain  - Clearscore are nothing but a mere retail-facing for Equifax and refer all queries such as mine direct to their superior and wash their hands of all responsibility.. They are not a credit broker like Equifax, who cannot be bothered with one-off enquiries from the public.

Equifax response? - take it up with the firm which has given you a black mark. Or, as in my case, three black marks. So the buck stops with you, Virgin . . . and I wish you the best when it comes to making the appropriate response.

Hi Japitts. Following on a number of private messages with Molly_T (whom I suspect is an AI responder) I have supplied definitive proof of malfeasance by the Credit File Amendments team.

I am not prepared to wait 21 days for them to rectify their information to Equifax and I have given them seven working days to rectify the situation. I am keen to purchase a new limited-edition motor vehicle which is suitable for my disability needs which is being launched at the end of this month ( a Toyota Yaris GR4 auto ) and their false information has compromised this. I shall be seeking recompense at law if I fail to secure my order due to false information supplied to Equifax by Virgin Media . . . . perhaps if I obtain a legal lien on Necker Island it may focus some attention.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't use AI on this forum, and Molly is one of the forum staff.

@SpecialKS wrote:

perhaps if I obtain a legal lien on Necker Island it may focus some attention.

Given that it's Liberty Global who own & run VM, and just have a brand-licencing agreement with the Virgin Group, I doubt this would make the blindest bit of difference.

@SpecialKS wrote:

Hi Japitts. Following on a number of private messages with Molly_T (whom I suspect is an AI responder) I have supplied definitive proof of malfeasance by the Credit File Amendments team.

I am not prepared to wait 21 days for them to rectify their information to Equifax and I have given them seven working days to rectify the situation. I am keen to purchase a new limited-edition motor vehicle which is suitable for my disability needs which is being launched at the end of this month ( a Toyota Yaris GR4 auto ) and their false information has compromised this. I shall be seeking recompense at law if I fail to secure my order due to false information supplied to Equifax by Virgin Media . . . . perhaps if I obtain a legal lien on Necker Island it may focus some attention.

So many false comments in one post:

1. All VM users on this forum are real people.
  2. A company has 21 days to respond https://help.equifax.co.uk/EquifaxOnlineHelp/s/article/What-do-I-do-if-there-s-incorrect-information...
  3. Richard Branson has nothing to do with Virgin Media, other than allowing the brand name.

Thank you Carl. I still have my suspicions - can you catergorically prove differently, or are you a Chatbot as well?

False comments? Which company supplied the false information to Equifax, hmmm?

You may be a "community elder" but it pays to (1) read carefully . . . (2) understand the cause/effect of conflict . . . (3) appreciate humour (or cynicism)

Believe whatever you want, you are wrong.