cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different"

santiago94
Joining in

I've already tried 8 - 10 characters, starting with a letter, all lower case and using a number.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe you need a mix of UPPER and lower case letters, as well as numbers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello santiago94

Thanks for posting in regards to setting the password, we understand the frustration and appreciate you reaching out via the forums for support. Welcome to the community.

Do you get any error messages when trying to set the password? Are you doing this via the app or a browser? Please make sure they meet these criteria's:

• Minimum of eight characters.
  • At least one digit.
  • One upper case letter.
  • One lower case letter.
  • One of the following special characters “ @ # $ % ”

santiago94
Joining in

Hey Robert,

Yes, I have tried different combinations following all the criteria. I always get the message "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one." It is very important to have access to my account as I need to download my bills.

Thanks,

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @santiago94

Thank you so much for letting us know, I can look further into this for you, and will pop you over a PM, just keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩

Zoie

santiago94
Joining in

Hi Zoie, still waiting...

Please, I need to download my bills!

Hi santiago94,

We are sorry about that - I'll drop you a PM now so I can help you further.

Beth