cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Compensation

Ineedsomehelp1
Tuning in

I am absolutely furious with my entire experience with virgin media. What is worse is I cannot seem to speak to somebody who has any power to rectify my situation. Having dealt with customer support for the past month, my issues have not been resolved in a timely manner and I am completely unsatisfied with this service.

I have complete loss of services (broadband) and this has been the case since the 14th of November. Customer support have not been able to schedule an engineer in a timely manner and I have to wait until the 22nd of November until that engineer arrives. I can already forsee that customer support will not have effectively communicated the root cause of my issues to the engineer and so I don't expect for my issues to actually be resolved on the 22nd.

I have written formal complaints but each issue I raise seems to be lost in the aether and I have no ability to track it.

My account shows no automatic compensation for the loss of services, I have received no communication from a manager which is what I was told would happen. Can someone from the virgin media team reply to me here. I need confirmation that my account will be compensated for my lack of access to services and that I will not have to pay for a service I am not receiving.

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Any compensation due has to be paid within 30 days of your service being restored.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

VM will continue to bill you as per normal during a TLS. The daily rate of compensation should be greater than the rate of your package cost.

Your previous topic (ref loss of a connection shared from a neighbour, then a failed connection of your own) sounds like a classic case of VM bungling and failed communications to resolve.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Ineedsomehelp1.
Thanks for joining the help forums and welcome on board, a welcome to the VM community from our team here.

We're sorry to see the frustration caused by this poor experience and that you've had no follow-up responses to your complaints raised in regard to this with our customer contact teams so far.

This is far from the level of service we want for our customers and we'd like to see how to best help out.
Regarding any open complaints logged with us you may view more info on their progress and status here, let us know if you can view a case showing there currently.

About compensation due to service loss, please refer to our policy here for more - as goslow above has explained we'd automatically assess for compensation as soon as we have the service restored (so we know how long this issue lasted).

Once this has been assessed, any credits owed will automatically be applied to your bill following this assessment (this may explain why we haven't resolved your complaints so far as well, if those involve a loss of service credit claim).

Lastly, we wish to explain that if you've been affected by a network outage our care agents would be unable to reschedule the visits booked as our engineers are being sent based on the closest available timeslot and we cannot make amendments per request, however those do not require your presence as it's about external work.

Please, do let us know more on the above and if the outage present has cleared after 22/11 as per our fix time estimate, we're eager to support you in the best way we can from this end.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

Thank you for your response. I cannot see my case listed via the link you provided. I get the standard "There's nothing to see here" message. I was originally emailed a case number, but only for one of my complaints.

Any complaints opened can be checked here  normally if all the complaints are about the same thing we try and only keep one open has having various of complaints about the same thing wouldn't help this would just prolong you getting the right resolution.

If you type the number in there it should give you an update on the complaint. cheers  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ineedsomehelp1 wrote:

I can already forsee that customer support will not have effectively communicated the root cause of my issues to the engineer and so I don't expect for my issues to actually be resolved on the 22nd.

I don't see the CS fault notes here as being critical - you've got a tech visit booked. When they arrive onsite, explain whatever the actual issue is, they should be fine to crack on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

It was previous experiences with the customer service team not relaying the correct information to the engineering team which caused most of the unpleasantness. Each time an engineer would call to our house, we would explain that the issue was that we had no direct cable laid to our house. The engineer would say that there was nothing they could do in that moment and we should speak to customer services and ask for a cable to be laid. We had done this multiple times, each time customer services did not relay the correct information so the cycle would repeat.

I'm more hopeful for the next visit (22nd) than I was yesterday. I'll see what happens, fingers crossed it all gets fixed.

Hi Matt,

thanks for your reply. When I click that link I still see "There's nothing to see here" message. I have no dialogue box to input my case number. Am I doing something wrong or is this an error VM side?

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You'd not mentioned that your booked visit is for a re-pull, which changes things. If so, you may want to wait for the forum team to interject here.

A re-pull is not a standard fault-fix tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ineedsomehelp1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you haven't received expected compensation, so I can look into this for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.