cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Virgin Customer Having Trouble

frankee1
On our wavelength

Hi, I just ordered a new Virgin Media package today, it comes with TV, Broadband & Landline.

I would like the Router Modem in my bedroom, up 3 stairs, but the landline downstairs in the living room.

But I see that you need to plug the landline into the Router, how would I proceed to have the Landline downstairs?

Thanks x

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi frankee1,

Thanks for posting 🙂

If this is a technician visit they will be able to move the equipment to eh appropriate  spot/ move any equipment if needed.

If this is a self-install order we can arrange to move things around after it's been delivered. 

Please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Client62
Legend

The wire free solution is to use a set of cordless phones.  

Plug the base unit into the Hub and the rest of the handsets can then go where is most handy.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Suffice to say, with telephone lines now being plugged into hubs on many providers networks, everything on the customers side of the hub becomes the customers responsibility.

So, if you had a computer you wanted to hard wire direct to the hub you would have to install your own Ethernet cable, likewise you would need to install a phone extension cable to place the phone elsewhere.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

frankee1
On our wavelength

I would like to do that, how would I go about getting this done? Thank you! X 

frankee1
On our wavelength

The issue is, I am on the 3rd floor & at the back of the home in a terraced victorian home.

My bedroom does not have a Virgin Box or any Box connections at all on the walls.

i need the Virgin Media Router in my bedroom, how would I get one installed..?

I am a new customer also, my kit is arriving in a few days.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

frankee1
On our wavelength

Yes, I am not stupid. I’ve seen it.