cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialling tone after switchover

Chrissib
Joining in

No dialling tone after switchover. Was on phone to customer service for an hour after which I was told they could not continue until I obtained a corded phone to plug in. I was advised to buy one. Not acceptable.

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chrissib, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I sounds like they wanted to ascertain if the handset was faulty. Can you confirm if you have tried an alternative handset and you have the same issue?

Kind regards Chris. 

TableTop
Up to speed

@Chrissib wrote:

No dialling tone after switchover. Was on phone to customer service for an hour after which I was told they could not continue until I obtained a corded phone to plug in. I was advised to buy one. Not acceptable.

Just to dot all of the i’s and cross the t’s, have you tried plugging the phone back into the wall socket just to check that the switchover has actually happened?

Hi. I ended up buying a corded phone and it works perfectly. I am annoyed that I cannot use my cordless phone which had many features and had to purchase a new phone

We're glad to hear the corded phone does work. Were you able to try a different cordless phone?

^Martin

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Does your cordless phone have an options setting for 'Pulse' or 'Tone' dialling?

If so, is it set to 'Tone' dialling (may be marked DTMF)?