cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a landline installed

Joe_Zapatoo
Joining in

We moved house last December (2022) and in order to cut costs, we decided NOT to persist with a landline - aside from scam calls, only 2 or 3 used it.

However, where we live, there is rarely any mobile phone signal at all (we are not with VM for our mobile phones), so making/receiving phone calls is a lottery at best...we have t
^^^ that's all background ^^^

Looking at this website, there doesn't seem to be any way I can "go about" arranging for a landline, certainly not via the "Upgrade my package"

...unless I've missed something?

BTW, I'm not interested in having VM mobile

11 REPLIES 11

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Joe_Zapatoo,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. If you would like to add a landline service to your current account, you will need to contact our team on 150/0345 454 1111 or use our WhatsApp messaging service on 
0730 532 7112.

Unfortunately, we do not arrange package changes or new contract deals from here. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for your quick reply...just a shame we don't have a phone signal (well, hardly ever have a phone signal) to be able to make this call (and WhatsApp calls also tend to be very unreliable, i.e. they tend to end abruptly after a minute or two)
Do you have any practical suggestions?

kind regards - Joe

Thanks for coming back to us Joe_Zapatoo.

Unfortunately, there is not alternative way. If you require the landline services, you will need to speak to the team to get this added. 

Are you able to contact us from an alternative number? As this would be a contract change, our team would need to speak to you regarding pricing and contract terms.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Joe_Zapatoo
Joining in

Thanks...sadly, no alternative number to call from

We do apologise Joe_Zapatoo.

We would only suggest using our WhatsApp messaging services. We understand that you've had difficulty before, but as advised we're unable to process package changes.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you not use WiFi Calling on your mobile phone to get round the poor mobile signal?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C thanks...someone suggested that a while back (and mentioned it being easy to set up), though looking through (both of) our phones' settings, neither of us could find any way to do this. Mine's a Motorola moto g6 (Android of course) ...and we are both with giffgaff

Joe_Zapatoo
Joining in

.and I just noticed that giffgaff doesn't support WiFi calling...at least not yet.

Hi Joe_Zapatoo 👋🏼.

Thank you for coming back to us on this thread. 

Have you managed to speak to us to get this added? If so what was advised?

Let us know we want to help.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide