cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callers are being cut off when my line is busy

savik2
Up to speed

I have just switched to the new VoIP system and everything seems to be working well from my point of view. However, callers are reporting that they just get cut off when my line is busy. No engaged tone, no automated message - just two rings and then the call is terminated.  This is very disconcerting to callers; my mother thought I had deliberately cut her off!  I have checked to see if call waiting has been activated - it hasn't, and I don't want it. Nor do I have voicemail.  I just want my callers to know that the line is busy! 

6 REPLIES 6

savik2
Up to speed

Correction: now callers aren't even hearing a ringing tone when my line is busy. They just get cut off! 

Hello savik2

We're sorry to hear of the incoming call issues experienced since the recent changes to your landline, we appreciate the confusion this can cause and you raising this via the forums.

Can you confirm the following for us:

• You are using the landline via the Hub using the adapter provided
  • You are using the adapter via the TEL1 port on the hub

Thanks

Rob

Yes to both questions. 

Thanks for confirming that savik2, this has been raised by the telco team to look into further.

As soon as we get an update we will let you know here.

Rob

Fiona29
Joining in

I have exactly the same problem was there a resolution to this post? I am told the phone rings maybe twice then cuts off - it is when I am on the phone so it should be telling callers it is busy.

Hi there @Fiona29 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you are also facing this issue with your phone service and thank you again for posting. Can I ask if you are connected at the Hub as well? If so can you confirm: 

• You are using the landline via the Hub using the adapter provided
  • You are using the adapter via the TEL1 port on the hub