cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline dial tone, callers hear "this person's phone is unavailable"

dustyweb
Joining in

Hello, I have plugged in a new landline phone into my existing copper wiring after several months of a phone being unplugged. My landline is with Virgin Media. There is no dial tone, and callers to my landline number only hear "This person's phone is unavailable". This landline used to work (prior to removing the phone base station hardware and phone cable) and now does not.

As far as I know, I have not received any notification that my line is being migrated to digital, and I did not receive any phone adapters or dongles etc. with my recently-installed SuperHub 5 (nor was there one supplied ages ago with my old Hub 3). I do not know if I require any such adapter. Hence my plugging the phone into the existing copper wiring as before, and not experimentally into the Hub - it worked before, and I have not been instructed to do anything different.

In short, I do not know why my landline is not working, and I worry that my landline number may have been disabled or even reallocated to someone else without my being aware of this. Of course, it could be that VM has disabled the landline temporarily, through lack of use, but that it can be re-enabled easily if I can find a VM human to make contact with to facilitate that.

I also cannot check my bill when logged in online because, like others have mentioned, whatever billing-related button I click to try to get through to Landline Billing just eventually dumps me back to the Help pages again, in an infinite loop (no bill ever opens or is displayed). This is true for mobile browsers (Chrome and DuckDuck Go) and desktop browsers (Edge and Firefox).

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dustyweb 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you're having 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel