cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Itemised Call Charge on My Bill

Beagle2
Tuning in

Hello there.

I had a non-itemised call charge on my latest VM bill. I believe that this is the first non-itemised call charge that I have had and am curious to see if it is possible to find out what number I dialled that caused the charge. 

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give.

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Beagle2

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Only calls charged at over 50p will show on the bill.

We are unable to confirm any numbers dialled for security reasons so wouldn't be able to reveal that unfortunately. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Beagle2
Tuning in

Thank you. Not sure that I understand the security reasons - Are you saying that calls over 50p which would be itemised are not subject to the same security as calls under 50p ? Are you able to explain further? Thank you again for your help.

Hi, apologies for any confusion caused by our response.

We are not able to divulge any phone numbers dialled regardless of the charge. What I'm referring to is us as agents, we cant give out numbers dialled, email addresses etc, this is a security policy. 

We therefore cant advise you what the number was that caused the charge. 

The bills however will show all calls dialled as long as the charge is over 50p. 

If you have any further questions please pop back to us here.  

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Beagle2
Tuning in

Thank you.

Is it possible for me to call Customer Services and get details about the charge?

Thank you.

Hi,

Unfortunately not, they have the same security restrictions. This is the same throughout the business. 

Vikki - Forum Team

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Read this reply from Tuesday about obtaining call charge info and speak to OFCOM about what info should be made available to you.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/itemised-phone-bill-amp-phantom-calls/m-p/5451959#M2...

VM used to allow you to opt in to full itemisation of all call charges but I believe I have read on here in the past they now want £2 p.m. to provide this.

I would suggest VM is on shaky ground IMHO as this flies in the face of a customer being able to identify what they are being charged for (and, in so doing, keep control over their call costs).

If you do speak to OFCOM, and get any useful info, post back on here as it may be useful to others in the future with a similar query.