cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anon Caller Reject is not working properly since phone switch over

SanJam
Joining in

hi. my phone package has got "Anonymous Caller Reject" from before switchover to internet phone -- and was working fine.

However, since switchover, it's not working -  callers from mobile networks are often being rejected -- as if they have withheld their number.(and they havent!). They get the message:  "we chosen not to receive these tyes of calls. To reach us, please call back from a number that is not being withheld"

Sometimes they try again and get straight through.It seems to be random. (About 30% false rejection.)

I'm considering dropping ACR from the package, as I'd rather get actual witheld calls,  than it rejecting important calls that should allowed. But really Id prefer ACR to work properly.

Is this a common problem that other people have had ? - and if so, was it easy to get it fixed?

(there doesnt seem to be an option to riase this as a fault on VM website)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SanJam,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear that mobile calls are also being rejected, regarding this however are they calls from the same networks at all?

Let us know,

Kain

SanJam
Joining in

Hi Kain, thanks for the response

just checked and yes both people who are having problems calling the phone are using Tesco (O2) mobile.

Hi @SanJam 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

angiemike6
Tuning in

Hi Sanjam

I have a different problem which might be connected to yours.  Since changeover my ID display no longer always shows the name of the caller.  Callers from within the phone contacts list sometimes are shown correctly, at other times it just comes up 'Incoming Call' or 'Withheld'.  I do not have the ACR feature enabled, but wonder if I did whether those times that the ID display shows number as 'Withheld' that those calls would have been rejected.

Food for thought.