cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming names and no engaged dialling tone

Neil28
Joining in

Have recently moved to digital, using existing BT phones. We have noticed:

the dialling tone that users get is the same as international calls. [as others have said.]

when the line is engaged, other people trying to call do not get any engaged tone. They hear nothing and are cut off after about 20 seconds

we do not have the names of incoming callers displayed on the screen.

Is anyone else getting the same effects?

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Neil28 

Welcome to the community forums sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline since the migration to the digital system. 

There are some features that are not yet available at this time. Once we do have this available we'll be sure to implement this to the service as soon as possible. 

Just to confirm when you mention about the call names. Do you mean the contacts in your phone itself or do you mean the caller display add on feature on your talk package? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Neil28
Joining in

Hi Carey

thanks for replying so promptly. I meant the names in the phone’s contacts list. This feature has worked, then failed. We restarted the hub, and it came back, but failed again. It seems a bit flaky. 
The missing engaged ring tone is a problem for people phoning us, who think they have dialled the wrong number. 

Thanks

Neil

Thanks for coming back to me us @Neil28.

I'd like to take this to a private message to see if there's anything we can do to help improve the level of service in which you're currently in receipt.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

angiemike6
Tuning in

Hi Neil

I have exactly the same problems.

1. Callers get dialling tone that sounds like an international dialling tone.

2. When I am engaged on the phone a new caller does not get an engaged tone, or the ability to leave a voicemail.

3. When someone calls who is in the phone's contact list, it randomly comes up on my ID display as either 'Incoming Call', 'Withheld' or with the correct callers name.  Approximately 50% of my incoming calls correctly identify the call, with the rest not showing correctly.

This has been raised by me with Virgin 2/3 months ago, and so far nothing has been resolved.  I am with in private VM with another Forum Team member, who is looking into this on my behalf.  I have now raised an official complaint with Virgin.

Hi @angiemike6,

I'm really sorry to hear of the landline service issues that you seem to be experiencing.

I can see that you've mentioned being in the middle of a conversation via private message with one of my colleagues. Please respond to their last message there if you haven't done so already and they'll respond to you to assist you in due course.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!