cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Switch clarification needed

Fridolin
Joining in

Hi all,

In my case I had few letters from Virgin saying that I was supposed to switch to O2 on October 22nd.

On that day the switch didn't happen, maybe because I was abroad for few hours?

I do not know.

What's happens now?

Virgin will try to push the switch for few more days?

Do I need to wait for a sim card?

Until when shall I wait?

I called 789 and they told me that I need to switch  manually, like when you change operator. 

In this case at condition not matching my previous agreement with Virgin.

Due to the call being to long and me being busy I wasn't able to complete and I called 789 on the next day.

On October 27th...an operator told me to wait.

So I went from an agresdive sale, or you'll lose your number, to "wait and do nothing".

I would expect at least some text or email from Virgin that confifm either:

wait

go ahead and secure any contract or you'll lose your number.

There was a lot of planning and information from Virgin but all vague and not clear on what to do if or in case and when.

Can anyone clarify in case they had similar experience and is now sorted?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fridolin 👋

Welcome to the community! Thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you are in need of some support and clarification regarding your swithover to O2. 

When switching over your mobile needs to be turned on, and connected to the network in the UK for the migration to take place. If you were abroad at the time it may be that the migration was attempted and failed. It will then be attempted again the following month. This is outlined here 👉 https://www.o2.co.uk/help/virgin-mobile-to-o2 in the top section of the FAQ's page 'what's happening and when'. 

You don't need to do anything, the migration will be attempted again next month. Hope this clarifies things for you! Please let us know if you need further support. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

The problem is that on the letter received 1 month ago it says that by November 10th my number will cease to exist. 

So how dobI know if Virgin/O2 is still trying to switch me over or I should change operator myself and quick?

Sorry to hear this, on this letter it should explain everything and give you various options including that. 

Does it give you any other options at all? Normally we would try and migrate the number again the next following month if it failed last time. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?