cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline switch over, need an engineer booking

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Ok, so, email today saying we are being switched over in March 2024.

Currently, our hub is at one end of the room, and our landline socket at the other, so basically they are not 'near' each other for the swap over, and, we have an upstairs phone fed by an extension from the landline box in the dining room.

Appears that we will need an engineer to visit, to install a link between the hub, and the socket, so we can continue to use the upstairs phone. 

Have been advised to organise an engineer visit for the switchover rather than the 'DIY' method of just asking for the adapter, and plugging it into our hub. Been told that best way to get engineer booked it through the forum, as it's easier, quicker, and less hassle than the phone ??

Appreciate a mod looking into this one please, and helping out?

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @HughJarsse 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's always great to have you here. 

I am so sorry for any confusion regarding the fibre switchover but we can arrange an appointment for you to get this sorted. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi again @HughJarsse 

Thank you so much for chatting with me via the PM and I am so glad that we now have the appointment booked for you. 

Please do let us know how things are looking after the visit here?

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Hi Ash, Many thanks for the help, will certainly let you know how it goes next week. 👍

No problem at all @HughJarsse 

This should all be sorted for you with the visit but any other issues at all please pop back any time and we will be happy to help.