cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email access lost

rambleon99
Joining in

Since the email issue at the end of June, I keep getting this error on my two secondary emails, both ending @blueyonder.co.uk (one is the email address that I use all the time):

'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.'

I updated with password from the app for the main email  '..virginmedia.com' and it pops up with message saying successfully added and then immediately produces another error message:

Error

The provided login data to access e-mail server imap4.blueyonder.co.uk seems to be wrong. Please correct them.

Please help as I cannot access the main email account that I use.

7 REPLIES 7

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rambleon99 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting. Welcoming you onto our community forum 😊

I can understand your frustration and sorry to see the email service is not working.  

Can you please provide us a screen shot so we can look into this in more depth for you.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The screenshot shows my email addresses; is there a secure way to send?

Please do not put any sensitive information on here 😊.

Have you tried signing into another device with that email? 

Let us know we are here to help. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I am signed in to that email on my phone via gmail. The problem seems to be when trying to access via Virgin Media Mail

Thank you for confirming Rambleon99. 

Are you able to log in at all?

If so can you please try resetting the password?

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

I can access Virgin Media Mail for my @virginmedia.com email, but as mentioned in my original post, my 2 secondary accounts (which I use) cannot be accessed. I have tried resetting the password by going into the Accounts and Edit the 2 email accounts. That is when I get the message: 'The provided login data to access e-mail server imap4.blueyonder.co.uk seems to be wrong. Please correct them.'

Further suggestion, please?

Regards.

Thanks for letting us know, this certainly is an odd one 🤔 

I've checked our system and can't see any obvious reason why these wouldn't be working for you.

As this is the case I'll send you a PM to confirm your details to check this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules