cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to emails, showing error (Code: DEF01)

galabonnyboy
Joining in

Hi,

I have lost access to my email account that I have had for 20+ years.

I was looking to improve the security by changing my password however when I tried to do so it was insisting I change my sign in email address.

After setting the new sign in email address I can no longer sign in with either the old or new email address.

When trying to reset the password I get the following error-

"Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)"

Could someone please help with this issue, I've tried different browsers/clearing cache etc?

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-24 213308.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @galabonnyboy Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to see the issues in relation to the email service you are experiencing.
We changed the sign in process not so long ago as a security measure.

May I ask if you have Virgin Media broadband services with us or not?
Or is this just a separate email service you've had with us for years?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas,

I do not currently have broadband services with Virgin Media. I believe the account was setup originally with a virgin dial up account and I've just been using the email service ever since.

Any help would be appreciated to regain access.

Thanks

Hi @galabonnyboy thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you no longer have access to your email address.  Was it a virgin.net email address?  We sent all our former Virgin Media National and virgin.net users a correspondence in 2015 that we were no longer maintaining the mailboxes, that they would be deleted off our systems.  We're sorry if you did not receive your correspondence.  It sounds as though your mailbox was also missed in the deletion off of the system.

Regards

Lee_R