cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails issues

Colinau63
Joining in

Having problems with my emails since an outage on Monday the 17/7/23.

for some reason emails were not being pulled through on my app for my iPhone or iPad.

I have rest the password and entered the password into password section on my app for receiving emails which I now can receive.

but for some reason when you enter the password into sending password section it doesn’t accept the same number of characters. So at the moment I cannot send emails via the app. I have raised a complaint with Virgin media because I had no problems before the outage.

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you generate an App Password, for use with email clients, by signing into My Virgin Media | Virgin Media and selecting Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password?

Are you able to post a redacted screenshot of the issue showing “number of character” issue?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Colinau63 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the delay in responding and with your email issues. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Colinau63
Joining in

It’s ok thanks I have spoken to 4 different people in one phone call and none of them could sort it out between them. I have up another email account and will eventually get rid of the virgin media email account and will probably get rid of virgin media when my contract is up. Not only can they sort it out but they are telling other people are having the same issues and they cannot give me an idea when this will rectified.