cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Connect connecting to my hub 3

Zack
Tuning in

No matter what I try I can't get the Connect app to connect to my hub 3.
I have cleared the app data, removed the app and re downloaded but it will not connect.
I have no problems with WIFI in the room the router is in but I do with 2 other rooms in my house so I'm trying to get this working so I can get my free pods to improve the wifi in those rooms.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Zack,

Normally you need to perform a Home Scan using the Connect app in the area where the signal is low(est) or as near to there as possible.  

If that doesn't work/isn't possible then you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. 

Following that if you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media, as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure you are on the VM wifi as listed on the Hub, forget the network on the phone and rejoin again. 

Do not use mobile data. Do not have any VPN's or Private Relays setup.  Try a pinhole reset on the Hub to reset to factory settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have tried all of the above apart from the pinhole reset as I don't want to lose any of my configuration
This used to work and I have seen lots of comments on here about it being a problem.
Do you know if this is the only way I can get the PODs, although based on some other posts that does not even seem to guarantee getting a pod.
Thank you for the advise Adduxi I'm just hoping not to have to factory reset my hub.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Zack 

What package are you on?  The pods are free on the Gig1 package, Ultimate Oomph, or any Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm not on the Gig1 package but I'm a Volt customer so which also includes the up to 3 free pods

How can I get Virgin Media WiFi Pods?

Our WiFi guarantee with WiFi Max is our promise you’ll enjoy download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room or get £100 bill credit. It’s backed up by our signal-boosting mesh WiFi Pods (if needed) and Intelligent WiFi service – at no extra cost with Gig1 Fibre Broadband and our Volt packages. You can also add WiFi Max to our M125 to M500 Fibre Broadband packs (without Volt) for £8 a month with your first WiFi Pod provided automatically.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Zack,

Normally you need to perform a Home Scan using the Connect app in the area where the signal is low(est) or as near to there as possible.  

If that doesn't work/isn't possible then you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. 

Following that if you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media, as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Client62
Legend

Check this link work  : http://192.168.0.1/   for the Hub menu, if it does not the VM Connect app stands no chance.