cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5/Worcester Bosch EasyControl

tina-d
On our wavelength

Hi There,

Hope someone can help.  We have recently set up a new Virgin Media Hub 5 and all seems to be be fine apart from I can’t connect my Worcester Bosch EasyControl (for the combi boiler) to it.  The EasyControl was working fine with the previous VM hub (not a Hub 5).  I’ve followed the reset directions from the WB website for the EasyControl, but it can’t find the WiFi network despite symbols showing it is searching for it.  Says “No WiFi connection.  The WiFi signal for the WiFi router may be too weak.  install a WiFi amplifier. See photo.  Thanks in advance for your help.  I’m not at all technical by the way.  IMG_3953.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

In similar situation people have made progress by disabling the 5GHz Wi-Fi from the VM Hub 5 (for a period), 
to ensure the mobile phone app and the boiler are both on the 2.4GHz band when attempting to set up the connection.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

tina-d
On our wavelength

IMG_3953.png

Client62
Legend

In similar situation people have made progress by disabling the 5GHz Wi-Fi from the VM Hub 5 (for a period), 
to ensure the mobile phone app and the boiler are both on the 2.4GHz band when attempting to set up the connection.

tina-d
On our wavelength

Thank you Client62.  I’ll give that a go. 👍