Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

WiFi Calling with EE

WiFi calling from EE has stopped working recently, but only when connected to my home network. My network has 1 x Hub 5 and 1 x Pod. Can anybody at Virgin please advise what is causing this issue?Thanks. 

Red light vm hub

my vm hub is showing a constant red light instead of the normal white light. I tried to reset it as I've seen other people suggested, but still not working. Although,  my vm hub is hot on the top. Tried to leave it for one hour and then connect it ag...

Hub 5 Settings?

I activated my new Hub 5 this morning.When I activated Hub 5, and followed the advice to split the 2g and 5g, everything worked and all by devices are online.However, I am getting slightly slower download speeds on the Hub 5 than the Hub 2 on some de...

ian002 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Signal Level too low?

Been having issues with internet for a while - spotty connection occasionally and internet activity causing interference with the TV signal - I'm fairly certain my signal dBmV is far too low while using the splitter provided. When removing the splitt...

SILEeeles by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi not working

I can get the Xbox to work through to he Ethernet cable, but nothing can connect through WiFi, all was good until the customer service bloke did a power reset. Any help appreciated, as I cannot work now.

Clem68 by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi speed 2.4ghz :(

Hi Guys,I'm going to start with the details I know. Bit of a newb so go easy on me.Parents virgin hub has always been an issue. They had it replaced but still have the same wifi speed issues.They are on Virgin business wifi with expected speeds above...

Re: Hub 3.0 red light

Hi I have the same problem, has been on for months, router is not overly warm and is kept in a cool place. It is not in modem mode, I have contacted customer services only to be told “it’s stuck doing an update and it’ll clear within 24 hours” that w...

Wifi issues

Can anyone help me please. I’ve had major intermittent issues since joining Virgin. Numerous phone calls and still issues. Internet intermittently drops out of devices (but not at the same time) - so one can be working and not another device right ne...

Katski by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos