Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Speed issues/Downstream/Damage in the street?

Hi, hoping someone can helpOn Wednesday a different cable company were (badly) laying pipework for FTTP outside my house - they were angle grinding around the junction box in the street.Since then I have seen random disconnections/poor download speed...

Dan_F by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

intermittent internet connection loss

I'm into my 7th day of service and have had issues practically from day 1. A wired ethernet connection which I have had to add as a fixed ip address as it kept getting locked with "invalid ip". I have resolved this adding as a fixed ip.previouslt on ...

slimby by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi/Hub keeps dropping....arrgh!

Hi,Firstly this is more of a fed up, rant type post, so I apologize in advance.I have  Voltz 1gb package with the latest Hub, but over the past week, the WiFi & Hub keep dropping out. I read something in the past about using the Virgin Connect app, b...

Dash145H by Tuning in
  • 43 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Re: Hub 3 Red light

I also have the problem of continuous red light on my Hub 3. All the tests done no problem. No overheating. At least when I touch it. Experiencing frequent wi-fi drops. It is about 6 years old.

Serdar by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Hub 3 Modem Mode Slow

I've just upgraded to the 600Mbps package, since Gig1 isn't yet available in my area. However, I have a hub 3 in modem mode, and I can't get wired speeds above 180-190Mbps.  If I connect my existing Netgear Nighthawk router with the Hub 3 in Router m...

incandisco by On our wavelength
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clean up mess of cables

Hi,In my building there are many (including me) virgin customers, and as part of having the building decorated we want to get some of the virgin junction boxes (I think?) that have fallen into disrepair replaced/fixed. Similarly the cables are a mess...

PXL_20230731_085308891.jpg PXL_20230731_085315478.jpg PXL_20230731_085324727.jpg PXL_20230731_085207363.jpg
Kellettt by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CANCELLING

I WANT TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT. I AM CALLING EVERYDAY TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT AND EVERY TIME I MENTION CANCELLATION THEY TRANSFER ME TO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS AND AND THE END THEY CLOSE THE PHONE. ITS BEEN 26 DAYS NOW THAT IM CALLING EVERYDAY WITHOUT G...

Inda by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pod problems

Hi. I wonder if someone can help. I have 2 pods which have not been connected to the hub for a couple of days. Tried resetting but no joy so, in desperation removed via app. Now cannot get the Hub to detect them at all. How can I get the system to re...

Connected App not connecting to Hub 4

Hi there, I am trying to get my VMC App to work so I can see if my Pods are working properly and in the best locations.I have followed all of the online suggestions. My Hub 4 is in Modem Mode, I am sat next to it 1metre away, cleared the cache on my ...

Interesting problem with my ISP, VIRGIN MEDIA UK

I've got an interesting problem and I don't quite know where to start with my ISP's technicians.For about 4 weeks, my household's internet has been intermittent, one moment, it's absolutely fine, humming along at 200Mbps and the next, it's dead.I've ...