Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Wireless issues

Hiya, been a Virgin broadband customer for a few months now and had nothing but issues with the Wi-Fi. I r called their useless support line a few times and lost my sh*t with a few people but because ‘everything looks ok from their end’ I just go rou...

mizaru by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Welcome offer ended, what should I do next?

My welcome offer was just ended and I have spent a couple of days trying to get in touch with CS staff regarding to my any new plan offer.  Unfortunately, still can't get any answers.  I will continue using the service and accept the new price showin...

Bluesky3 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

New HUB5 - Broadband Speed Plummets

My new HUB5 has been installed and my broadband speed is terrible. With my previous Hub3/5000M service I occasionally got 500M, but usually around 90M.The new HUB5 (with a supposed 1G speed) has maxed at 90M with typical speeds of less than 20M.What ...

Gordonwd by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Hub 3 red light

The light on the front of my Hub 3 has been permanently RED for a week or so.  Previously it was white.  I have rebooted the hub and also carried our a pinhole reset, plus checking all leads are securely fitted.  However, it still shows red.  The hub...

trevcg by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solid red light - hub 3

Hello. I've had a sold red light on my router for a few weeks. From what I've  read it suggests it's connection with the router. I've taken everything out and reconnected several times, turned it all off and back on and also done the 30 sec pinhole r...

Resolved! Set up my own router

I apologise as I realise this has been covered many times buti want to put my hub 3 in modem mode and connect my own decent router just to supply a better/ further wifi for garage etc  so I connect my Ethernet cable to the new router?I’ve read that p...

Outbound Retentions won’t budge

Hi all, My contract is up for renewal on 1st September this year and I’ve already handed over my 30 days notice. I’ve had a few calls from retentions, but the deals don’t seem that great to me, comparing with what others have achieved. They have offe...

toror5 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 - Modem mode

I have a Hub 3 and recently added a Deco M4 mesh system to my home network. I now need to put my Hub 3 in Modem Mode for this to work properly. [This was advice from Deco support, in order to get my NAS and my Sonos system to work properly with the D...

Hub 5 reset Subnet IP's changed

I’m having the same problem for some reason the hub5 has switched to using the sun net of 255.255.0.0 instead of 255.255.255.0  and now refuses to issue IP addresses and the virgin middleware has completely messed the factory reset not rectifying any...

pogit1 by Up to speed
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cable cut by Virgin delay in replacing

We have had a number of issues trying to get our outside cable replaced, the whole fiasco has been going on since June 12. We've had outside teams turn up on at least 4 occasions, but they haven't been able to do it? Too many cables in the conduit an...