Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

WiFi calling has stopped working after adding a VM Pos

Hi,A couple of days ago I added a pod sent be VM to address weak signal in a section of our house.Almost immediately WiFi calling has stopped working on all our phones - we’re with Sky Mobile. We have very weak mobile signal so rely on WiFi calling t...

M-R_78 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rubbish service

every week my WiFi goes down, inthinknitsxabout time us customers were compensated. I pay my bill every month without fail yet I'm not getting the service I'm paying for! ring up & your sent a text that us supposed to  help? Laughable. soon as contra...

Drops outs appear to be linked to log entries

Hi all,BQM is here: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ab835b042e86ce6d7f67153eb1e4aa34db4a5fbdI noticed this due to a stuttering teams call and checking the log, these seem to appear very close in time to the drop outs...

roodles by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safesearch not wirking

Hi,My safesearch settings is not working.I have disabled it via the website and app, yet certain sites will not connect.However, when I use a VPN service, these sites can be reached. So this is not an issue on the website end, more a problem with my ...

Ashcomm by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connectivity Issues - gig1 connection

Hi,I have been experiencing connectivity issues for a few days now, but last night it became much worse. I have a gig1 connection. I have been running a BQM from thinkbroadband since last night.can anyone help please thanks 

Ed87 by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please Return Router Message. I have!

Yesterday I received a received an SMS and an email asking me to return my old router, which was faulty. However, I dropped the old router off at my local Yodel delivery hub well over a week ago, packed in the original box (with new label). Is there ...

Andyelle by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very poor wifi signal

Hi All, I still have a very poor 5g signal in my house, 2g isnt as bad but is noticably slower. I had an engineer come out and check the equipment last time i was having issues in May 2021. He said there was a few problems and my DB readings were way...

jord001 by Tuning in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub5 vs Hub3 WiFi

Whilst I wait for a fix for my Hub5 install a quick question to save me time testing.My Hub3 signal was poor upstairs so I bought an Asus RT-AC86U, in the interest of less cables I was wondering if the Hub5 signal is better letting me retire the rout...

Teebee by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Private messages

Is a normal for vm staff to ask: Can you confirm your full name?Can you confirm the account number?Can you confirm the full name on the account?Can you confirm if you are the account holder?Then the next day after already confirming the above:Can you...

Viper-t by Fibre optic
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband down TW10 7NH

My broadband almost doesn't work last 4 days. VM is trying to repair it (as they said), but broadband is working only after 8pm these days. Whats going on? I don't want to hear your promise, I need result. TW10 7NH. 

Jb371 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos