cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 wont boot

torchomatic
Dialled in

We have three V6 boxes. There was a power cut yesterday, one box won't boot. Stuck in the "welcome" and "starting up" loop. Tried the hold + and power down, no joy. Tried holding all three buttons down, no joy.

This happened yesterday and have been trying to fix all evening and this morning.

Reluctantly Tried to get some support from Virgin. How we LOL at that phrase. Couldn't get through to speak to anyone. Kept sending me a text with link so some tests could be run. Tests fail and told to "try later".

Shocking service. Hoping one of the admins on here can actually do something about this, or at least signpost me in the right direction. 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds suspiciously like a power surge has corrupted the HDD. You are more than likely looking at a replacement box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

The other option is to wait for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey torchmatic, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

I am going to send you a DM so we can take a look.

Please do look out for it. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?