cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports issues

Kneelc
Joining in

I am having similar issues and it is really spoiling my enjoyment of Sky Sports coverage of live football . I looked at my Video output and all other aspects of a potential solution [reboot tivo V6 , cable check and reseat]  . I manually scrolled and tested all video outputs and they all were accepted and then selected the automatic settings which settled at 2160p as being the most appropriate for my LG  50UM7600PLB TV .

The Sports package is not cheap and this continual pixelation is really having an impact on my enjoyment. The main channels for Sky's football in my case are 511 Main Event and 512  Premier League both exhibit the issue frequently . Can I please ask your advice in terms of what else I can do  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's usually better to start a new post explaining your issues, than add to someone else's.. it's been done for you here.

Are you reporting a pixellation/picture breakup fault? That's usually a signal issue.

Or is this an issue of picture quality, where an SD picture upscaled to HD or especially UHD, is never going to end well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's usually better to start a new post explaining your issues, than add to someone else's.. it's been done for you here.

Are you reporting a pixellation/picture breakup fault? That's usually a signal issue.

Or is this an issue of picture quality, where an SD picture upscaled to HD or especially UHD, is never going to end well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Apologies for camping on an exiting thread . I am experiencing a pixelation/picture break up fault . A signal booster was fitted some time ago when I picked the cable splitter up the HD channel I was watching [BBC] started pixelating so is it a case that I maybe need to schedule an Engineer to check the integrity of the feed setup. 

IMG_9049.JPEGIMG_9048.JPEG

Hi @Kneelc 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Apologies for any picture issues but japitts is right, if you're subscribed to an SD version of a channel, then trying to upscale it by setting the TV to a UHD option won't help at all I'm afraid. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill