cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security certificate error message

birdiegirl1234
Joining in

My mum has just got a v6 box and is unable to view any apps she gets a security certificate message.  Scrolling through all the boards I see a number of people had this issue about 3 weeks ago.  Anyone got any ideas on how to fix? 

135 REPLIES 135

Ian48
Joining in

Hi I have the Security Error message 'the  server could not prove that it is content.dtv.virginmedia.com the security cert is not trusted etc.  I can see numerous posts with this message.  Can someone please advise how to fix it.  Thanks.

Hi @Ballingdon thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your apps on our set top box.  Please can you confirm if you've had any updates, or indeed any success since posting?

Regards

Lee_R

Have the same issue here in Hebburn

Hi @kenfi, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've been having and that you feel this way 😔

The estimated fix time for issue one is currently showing as tomorrow at midday, while the estimated fix time for issue two is showing as today at 5pm.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Daniel

BlueGT
On our wavelength

I now have this warning as well. Just started today 12-3-24. Any solution yet. Can't get Prime or any apps! V6 Box, connected wirelessly. Seen suggestions saying connect via Ethernet and download media, what media?

Bubsm_1
Joining in

Screenshot_20240313_064946_WhatsApp.jpg

I have been getting a security message for 2 weeks now when trying to access prime and bbc iplayer. So far have had 3 Engineers out and 2 new boxes installed. The suggestion to upgrade to the 360 was made by 1 Engineer because they said this problem wouldn't keep happening. 360 remote arrived yesterday. Followed link to set it up and got the same security message so now sitting here with the 360 remote but still using as V6.  Each time I speak to virgin they tell me there is no issue their end and it must be my equipment. Another Engineer booked for Thursday. 

Does anyone know what this message means and why Virgin don't seem to know about the problem?

Just frustrating as the Engineers keep saying Virgin have an outage that needs to be fixed but Virgin keep telling me it's the equipment in my property and sending out Engineers. 🤦🏼‍♀️

BlueGT
On our wavelength

IMG_5158.jpeg

BlueGT
On our wavelength

Just seen this

IMG_5158.jpeg

This has been happening for months now we have also phoned VM on a number of occasions and get nowhere - they are aware of this error but the help desk keep denying all knowledge of it - I will keep pestering them and wasting their time until it’s sorted 

MrsEmm
On our wavelength

Same issue.  Engineer who came to replace my Tivo box yesterday said it was a known error they are trying to fix!  I don't have "On Demand" either.