cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture blipping

monet208
Dialled in

Hi

when we rewind a live program to rewatch a bit and then press play our picture blips/ freezers/keeps going

When Forwarding to where the program has got to the picture is ok

advice please.      Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @monet208, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Are you experiencing this on all the set top boxes you have or one specifically? 

Please can you check that the cabling connected to the Virgin Media socket on the wall is secure and finger tight, including any splitters (if applicable).

Also, at the back of the Virgin TV box, there may be a six-inch long white connector cable. Please ensure the cabling is secure here too and finger tight, and that the connector cable is secure in the back of the Virgin TV box.

Also, please check if the cabling is connected tightly on all other Virgin Media equipment in the property.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @monet208, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Are you experiencing this on all the set top boxes you have or one specifically? 

Please can you check that the cabling connected to the Virgin Media socket on the wall is secure and finger tight, including any splitters (if applicable).

Also, at the back of the Virgin TV box, there may be a six-inch long white connector cable. Please ensure the cabling is secure here too and finger tight, and that the connector cable is secure in the back of the Virgin TV box.

Also, please check if the cabling is connected tightly on all other Virgin Media equipment in the property.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To avoid doubt, are you saying that live TV is fine? Any signal issues would affect that, which is what the previous reply is trying to check.

If the problem is only on paused, delayed & recorded programmes - that indicates a hard drive issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi

2 other tv’s connected to similar virgin boxes in different rooms and  no problems 

we have checked  all cables and turned box off 2x but does not solve the freezing as I said in my posts 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To avoid doubt, are you saying that live TV is fine? Any signal issues would affect that, which is what the previous reply is trying to check.

If the problem is only on paused, delayed & recorded programmes - that indicates a hard drive issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

tv is ok

by hard drive do you mean the virgin top box as I call it?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your Virgin Media set-top TV box contains a hard drive which is used for storing recorded programmes and buffering broadcast TV channels for pausing & rewinding.

If your live TV is OK, but recorded & delayed programmes are a problem, this generally means the hard drive is the issue.

Hi @monet208 

We can see you have recently been able to contact our team and get a resolution for this ongoing issue. Can you confirm that the issue has been resolved? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs