cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 4 pixelated and now multiple channels are unavailable (code W02)

vmsdrb59
On our wavelength

Hi,

several days ago we noticed that recordings from channel 4 were pixelated. Checking the channel itself, it was also the same. Rebooted the v6 box but this didn't fix the issue. Then, yesterday, we found that BBC2 was completely blank with a message showing an error code W02. This was the same for ITV and Channel 4. We've not been through all the other channels so not sure if there are others affected but the ones we have checked seem ok.

We again rebooted the box having checked & rechecked all the cables and connections but nothing changed.

We went to the Virgin diagnostics page which tried to run tests but ironically failed with an error message:

We're having some issues on our end

Allow us 30 minutes to get our diagnostics tools up and running again. Please login later and check the status of your TV service. We'll be able to help if the issue persists.

We checked again today and found the same channels were still unavailable with the same error code. We rebooted the box again with no change. Went to the diagnostics page again which produced the same error message saying the Virgin are having issues and try again later. 

We've also checked the service status page and there are no issues reported in our area.

We'd like to get this sorted before we lose more channels but are guessing we may need an engineer to visit as searching the forum suggests the box signals could be out of whack.

Can anyone help us get this sorted or advise on what to do please?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vmsdrb59 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies in the delay in responding. Are you still having pixelation issues or have they since been resolved. 

Please let us know. 

Sabrina

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're correct to assume that W02 is a loss of signal error, and pixellation is a good sign of poor signal.

One box reboot to eliminate a problem there, local status check on 0800 5610061, then report the fault if it persists. Calling in will generally be quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vmsdrb59
On our wavelength

Sabrina_B - we are still unable to accept a number of channels.

Japitts - thanks, looks like we’ll have to phone and report.

to add to the list we are now also having problems with our internet connection and any attempt at running Virgin Media diagnostics results in failure.

I’ll phone tomorrow and raise a report 

vmsdrb59
On our wavelength

I telephone Virgin Customer Support on 0345 454 1111 and the automated system sent me a link where I would supposedly be able to book an engineer visit.

The link took me to the Virgin Online Support tool which I have unsuccessfully used several times over the past week. As before, the tool simply crashed and ended the session leaving me with absolutely no way to book an engineers visit.

I tried the 'MyVirginMedia' iPhone app but couldn't find any option to book an engineer visit on it and when I clicked on a link for TV problems, it ended up simply sending me here!

Why does Virgin Media make it so very hard to obtain customer service? 

Anyway, can anyone please tell me how to book an engineer visit to fix the problems with my TV box

Thanks in advance

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi vmsdrb59 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newapollo. 

I followed your instructions and got through to a live person. I didn't catch his name but he turned out to be a superstar and fixed the issue remotely. he apparently sorted some issue with the box internally and removed an error code. After another reboot, hey presto! we have our channels back!

Time will tell if the pixellation issue has gone but it looks OK immediately following this fix.

Very much appreciate the help form everyone on the community boards and hopefully we can get back to normal now 🙂

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @vmsdrb59 

Thanks for updating the thread. It's good to see that the box appears to be working correctly now. Any further issues though, just holler.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali