cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv install and main cable sort

Hosay299
Superfast

Hi can i ask if i wanted a install of a engineer to do the tv and also sort out the lenth of the cable from the wall as the person that installed use must have throught we need lot more than we do as couple of feet free not used makes a mess 

are we able to get one to do both the tv install and sort the wire out from the wall

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

If you don't already have a Virgin TV box and are thinking of adding one if you ask for a manned installation he will adjust the length of cable as required.

I am not sure from your post of what you currently have, is it just broadband and your cable to your hub is too long.

If it's something else there is a standard non fault charge of £25.

If you can clarify what your existing setup is and what you want that would help.

@roy247 wrote:

If you don't already have a Virgin TV box and are thinking of adding one if you ask for a manned installation he will adjust the length of cable as required.

I am not sure from your post of what you currently have, is it just broadband and your cable to your hub is too long.

If it's something else there is a standard non fault charge of £25.

If you can clarify what your existing setup is and what you want that would help.

we have any time calls and broadband that is it i am looking at getting tv

If you ask for a manned installation when you order the TV package then the engineer will adjust any cabling at the same time.

I chatted with a agent on WhatsApp and he said if need a engineer it would be free of charge and made a note on the account 

Yes that is correct, a manned installation for the TV is free and always a good idea for a first TV box because he can check and adjust signal levels if required.

Hi can fourm staff help we would like the cable from wall shorted ? How can this be sorted 

Hi Hosay299 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

Please can you elaborate what you mean by the cable from wall shorted? 

Let us know what has happened and we will do our best to help. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Arissa_H wrote:

Hi Hosay299 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

Please can you elaborate what you mean by the cable from wall shorted? 

Let us know what has happened and we will do our best to help. 

The cable from the wall socket to the router is longer than it need to be

Thank you for confirming @Hosay299 

If you did want an engineer to come out and take a look at shortening the cable there would be a call out charge of £25. 

If you would like us to arrange this please do let us know and we will be happy to arrange this via a PM.