cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to search using letters

PinkZeppelin11
Joining in

Hi all

The search function on my 360 box isn't working properly and only allows me to search using numbers - there doesn't seem to be a way to search using letters. Is there a setting that I need to change to fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

Hello All, 

Have we had an update re this issue about not bring able to search using letters on the Home Screen?

I have reset my box, all buttons on the remote are working, the literal only problem is that I can't find any program because I can only search using numbers.

You used to able to tap each button to get the correct letter (text sms style) but now each button just represents the number is has on it and the more you press, the more numbers appear. 

I haven't been able to search for any program for months now. 

Any solutions???

roy247
Community elder

Hi Cruz1,

Always best to start your own thread than doing a me too post.

So if you press the Home button and select search you should see a keyboard appear on screen and use the direcional keys and OK button to select letters. The 360 box has never used SMS phone style key presses.

What reset have you tried, if you do have a 360 box have you tried a factory reset.

You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Hi Cruz1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble searching, have you tried the advise from roy247?

Alex_Rm