cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD FF/Rewind not working properly

happyrobot
Up to speed

Anyone else experience this? Both FF and rewind seem to stutter or just completely freeze. The only option which seems to work as it should is if you FF with one green arrow. 

I have reset the box, but still no joy.

21 REPLIES 21

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @happyrobot 

I've just checked using rewind and ff on channel 532. All four speeds worked without  any issues on both FF and rewind on my 360 main box. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

OK thanks. 

Have you tried fast forward on UHD for about 10 seconds and see what happens? Two and three arrows. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI again @happyrobot 

I tried it for a minute on each of the four different settings for both FF and rewind without any issues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi happyrobot 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with fast-forwarding and rewinding on your TV. To confirm, is it just the Sky Sports UHD channels you're experiencing this problem on, or is it across multiple channels?

I've taken a look on our side and cannot see any problems identified on your equipment directly - everything is within specification. When you mention a reset, is this a full reset of the equipment to Factory Settings, or a reboot?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Gordon100
Joining in

I also have the problem of extreme ff and rewind stuttering with the new UHD channels that I have just purchased.

Is there too much data recorded with UHD that it can't process through it?

It's a new V6 box.  It also happens on my other V6 box.   Everything else is fine.  

Hi Gordon100,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear you're also having this issue. 

Is this affecting all programs on that channel?

^Martin

MikeMartin
Up to speed

Sorry post in wrong order

I have had exactly the same stutter problem since I first upgraded to Sky Sports UHD in October 2023. My problem is limited to just the four Sky Sports UHD Channels (532, 533, 534, 535) and only when the channel is streaming a true UHD source. The stutter does not happen on any other UHD channels like TNT Sport Ultimate, or any Sky Sports HD channels, or even if the Sky UHD channel is really transmitting a HD source.

The stutter issue happens whether the TV is a UHD set or a HD set. Stutter happens on both of our V6 boxes. I think the evidence points to either a SW V6 issue, or an area feed issue on those four channels. 

I got an engineer (Callum 90225) called out on 27Oct23 and he could see the problem both with live TV & recorded TV. He could not find any faulty with my two V6 boxes, or apparently the particular channel frequencies used for the four Sky Sports UHD channels. He wasn’t sure but thought it might be a software issue, and tried to contact the software expert on the box, but he was on holiday. Instead he contacted the guy by email including sending him a ‘movie’ of the stutter. I have heard nothing more and the problem still remains!

I had a unconnected issue last night that the India call centre said an engineer needed to visit urgently, but it was agreed that the engineer would also look into the Sky Sports UHD issue again.

A different engineer arrived today and he could also see the stutter issue. He tried contacting an expert on the V6 software, but the expert (Nigel) was on holiday. So he emailed the expert and will contact him next week & get back to me.

Interestingly the engineer today has Sky Sports UHD himself and does not experience the stutter issue. So it is not a universal issue.  However his box runs TV360 software, whereas my two boxes run Tivo SW. I am reluctant to upgrade to RT360 as I will lose my 45 series links, and nobody can tell me it fixes the stutter problem.

I note that this thread is under the TV360 heading, if those you have posted are really running TV360 SW and have the problem, then the issue must be an area issue, or a V6 hardware particular version issue. So it would be helpful if everyone having the issue can post if they have TV360 or Tivo SW, plus also post the general area where they live.  I live in the Surrey Heath area.

Hey @MikeMartin,

Thanks for getting back to us, can you confirm when it was that the technician last visited and if they provided a timeframe at all for the contact to get back to him?

Joe