cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Virgin media the worst service company in the world?

sindarinstar
Settling in

So where do I start, 7 days ago I rung up a very rude lady at Virgin Media customer service, I explained that my V6 box was faulty and making very strange noises and couldn't get past the welcome screen the very blunt lady offered me a technician visit which I explained that due to my wide being unwell they would be unable to enter the property, I asked my options such as upgrading to the 360 box and was met with a no, but after being transferred another lady upgraded my account and confirmed the box and remote would be with my Wednesday, fast forward to Wednesday and Yodel did deliver, but only the remote.. funny enough I cant watch any TV with a remote only, so another call and no record of the box, back to booking a technician visit and the same conversation that they are unable to enter and I had already paid for the upgrade, promised that the box would be here no later than Saturday, Thursday comes and no appointment on the app so another call, guess what no record.. so here we go again another false promise, Friday comes and I get through to technical support and the lad with approval from his supervisor credits me £25 and a box would be here Saturday, guess what.... nothing! I have lost the will to live, I have escalated without any success and the next step is 8 weeks time I can lodge a formal complaint with an outside body about Virgin Media. Shame on you Virgin you have the worst client experience I have ever had, and a sick wife with no entertainment in her life, but she can look at that the remote and dream of watching TV while I line your pockets.

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Superstar

If an engineer is still not available to enter your property then you should have asked with hindsight for a replacement V6 box, asking to upgrade to 360 (lot's of lost TiVo patented feature's), does only mean you will receive a remote because they will send a software update to the V6 box to convert it to 360, 

If you don't receive a replacement box I would speak to retentions that's the leaving option if you haven't already spoken to them or wait for one of the forum team to respond which might be 2 to 3 day's.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a V6 and request a conversion to the (totally different) TV360 platform, you receive the new remote and a few days later the "upgrade now" app should drop into your V6 home screen for you to reformat the HDD and migrate at your convenience. It's forced on you after a week or so if you don't follow through.

Having your V6 fault-replaced with another V6, and then requesting the conversion later on - in hindsight - may have been a more straightforward process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Or even better, having the faulty V6 replaced with a new V6 box and then not requesting the conversion to the inferior 360 box.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sindarinstar, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having issues with your V6 box. When running through diagnostics, if we believe the issue is being caused by levels or signal issues then it won't give us the option to send a replacement box and instead will only offer an engineer visit. 

With upgrading to the 360 box, you wouldn't get a new box. Instead you would receive a new remote and an app to upgrade the box you currently have. Once the app is installed, this will give you access to the new 360 features. If the V6 box needs an engineer visit though, we would be unable to help until this is possible. 

We can arrange the engineer visit via the forums for you but until you're in a position to do that, there isn't anything else we can do I'm afraid. Please let us know when you're ready to book an engineer and we can get this done for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs