cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given Stream device and I also have VM 360 box. Can I use both in my house?

Wittony
Joining in

I currently have the TV 360 package and broadband from Virgin. Although a family member has given me their Virgin Stream Box as they are leaving for another provider. Can I use both the 360 and the stream device in my house as I seem to remember seeing that you can't have the TV360 package and Stream together. Which seems really odd given both are Virgin. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot use both. All equipment is rented from VM, I should return the Stream box as it was not theirs to give to you. It is effectively ’stolen’.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Wittony wrote:

I currently have the TV 360 package and broadband from Virgin. Although a family member has given me their Virgin Stream Box as they are leaving for another provider. Can I use both the 360 and the stream device in my house as I seem to remember seeing that you can't have the TV360 package and Stream together. Which seems really odd given both are Virgin. 

They are both different TV platforms. V360 is a broadcast platform, Stream is IPTV. The channel owners see these as separate systems & they have separate carriage agreements. So the only option VM would have is to charge you twice for your TV packages, once for each platform. As a result it’s either one or the other.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wittony 

You should give the Stream box back to the family member that gave it to you so they can return it to VM. Otherwise they may be charged up to £60 for non return of equipment 

as per https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides 

Non Returned Equipment

V6: up to £100 per unit Hub 3: up to £50 per unit Hub 4: up to £75 per unit Hub 5: up to £75 per unit Hub 5X: up to £85 per unit Emergency Back-up Line: up to £50 per unit Wired Booster: up to £50 per unit WiFi Booster: up to £50 per unit Intelligent WiFi Pod: up to £86 per unit VTV360: Up to £100 per unit Stream: Up to £60 per unit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Is each Stream box provisoned to work with a specific account? If so it may not work anywhere else.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Wittony
Joining in

Thank you for all your responses. I have spoken with my family member and they confirmed that they do not need to resend the equipment back. They filled in the request to do so and to get the return label from virgin although nothing was ever sent. Few days later they received an email confirming that they didn't need to send the equipment back. Just seems a shame to go unused. 

Hopefully Virgin will soon let us have 360 and stream devices together. 

VM.png

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Wittony 

As per @nodrogd 's reply <here>  they are two different platforms and can't be mixed together. 

Further to that it's one Stream box per household and it can't be taken with any other TV package.

See the screenshot below from the 'Already with Virgin Media' section on the /tv/stream  page

It also states in the Legal Stuff on the same page, 'Stream from Virgin Media: Virgin Media broadband required (min. 50 Mbps). Not available with other Virgin Media TV services.'

Clipboard01.jpg

Hi @Roger_Gooner 

Yes, each Stream box is provisoned to work with a specific account at that accounts address. You can't even use it in another property that has VM broadband, and it won't work with any other ISP.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali