cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo problem

kenforbes
Joining in

I have been without TV for over a week.  On Friday morning 1st December my TiVo Box (don't know which model, but it's about 10 years old) started to reboot, but after anout three minutes re-set itself and started the reboot again.  According to service status there was a tv problem in the area, so I waited patiently.  The estimated fix date was pushed forward from Friday to Monday to Wednesday to Friday, and finally today it is reporting no issues.  The Tivo box, however, continues its endless cycle of rebooting and resetting.  No error messages, just 'Starting Up'.  Any help?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box - although your reference to >10 years suggests a TiVo.

Area faults rarely cause TV boxes to restart or get stuck in the boot-loop, your box sounds unwell and likely needs replacement. You can report this via the usual faults process - either calling in for an immediate response, or waiting on here a couple of days for an answer.

Faulty TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course. Same TiVo software, but a much newer & quicker box with more recording tuners and streaming apps - providing you have VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey kenforbes,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV service at the moment and I can see that you have spoken to the team since you last posted and have a technician visit booked in. I hope the technician can get the issues resolved, please do let us know how the visit goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

All well now thanks.

K

Hi @kenforbes 

Thanks for coming back to the thread and confirming all sorted 🙂

Please do pop back to the community should you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill