Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVO Box keeps rebooting

aplsmith
Tuning in

Hi,

Hi

My TiVo box keeps rebooting itself and then it gets in whole bunch of reboots until I turn it off and on again. This is happening every half hour watching and even if I’m not watching it will do it.

When I’m watching something that’s recorded it goes for 10 minutes and then stops and reboots. Then I cannot use the box for probably at least 30 minutes or longer until it stops rebooting. 
Today, it spent most of it continually rebooting. All the lights flashing and just saying I’m starting up. 

It’s driving me and the family mad.

The box has got to be at least 7 years old now.

Kind Regards

Alan

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alan , 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been facing with the set top box. 

Can you please confirm if all the cables leading to and from the box are secure and without damage/kinks?

Also, if the box is in an extension or smart plug, can you switch this to a main socket to test if this helps?

Thanks, 

Nat

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your TiVo sounds potentially faulty.

If you log that fault, it should be replaced with a V6 - runs the same software but on a much newer box with more recording tuners. Providing you have VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Nat,

all cables and plug secure.  
makes no difference when plugged into direct mains - just keeps rebooting. 
I’ve unplugged it as I don’t want a fire. 
I’ll have to log as a major fault. 
thanks

Alan

Hi Alan, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel