cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to watch recordings

EssDotTee
Joining in

I've recently got the new TiVo box on the 6th of January as part of my new package. This includes the Mega TV Bundle.

I haven't been able to watch any of my recordings as it keeps telling me to upgrade, I can't even delete them. I've called Virgin a handful of times and even had two different engineers out and everyone is stumped. 

The engineers have brought new boxes every time so this is probably the third or fourth one I have tried. Even tried a factory reset with no luck.

Model number of the box - 1008r-hdd-vm

Error code when trying to play recordings - ts2/2/10234

Even when using the Virgin TV Go app it tells me I need to upgrade to watch the recordings.

I'll provide a screenshot.

IMG_20240205_162943.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Superstar

Hi EssDotTee,

If you can watch live TV, on-demand and streaming services without any problems and the box is making recordings I would say that error code is something to do with the system software and when your account was switched to 360 something hasn't got processed correctly.

I think you will have to wait for one of the forum team to respond to this which might be 2 to 3 day's if the engineer's haven't been able to get it referred up the support ladder.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EssDotTee wrote:

I've recently got the new TiVo box

It's a common misconception, but fundamentally TV360 (the software platform you have chosen to migrate to) is not TiVo anymore than Apple is "a new Android" or vice-versa.

If techs have replaced your TV360 boxes with new ones, then that's a hardware fault ruled out - leaving either software or account related. Does this inability to view recordings, affect any & every channel, or just specific ones? If you'd recorded from, say TNT Sports when you were on Maxit TV, and are now trying to view it without subscribing, that would be a logical explanation. But a recording from a PSB channel such as BBC1-HD or C5-HD should be fine.

Ruling this out would be another box worth ticking.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep it has affected all channels, I can't watch any recordings even from the PSB channels like ITV1 HD.

Hi EssDotTee, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue accessing any recordings despite the box being changed over. Checking things this end, all is looking good with the account itself and our provisioning checks are also completing. 

Can you please confirm for us if this is happening on new recordings? Or whether you're trying to access old recordings?

Let us know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs