cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart search recordings

kumbhkaran
Joining in

Has the tivo feature (pre 360) where you could have keywords set to automatically record things which matched been removed on the update to 360?

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kumbhkaran,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
Are you referring to the recording suggestions that was available on Tivo and V6 boxes. You should be able to find more information about the functions on the TV 360 box here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're likely asking about wishlists - in which case, no those are not available on TV360.

Also I note you've referred to TV360 as an "update" - it's completely different software in the same way as Apple is different to Android.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tavis75
Super solver

Yes, it's one of the many features missing from the 360 compared to the TiVo\V6, many of which (including this one) are TiVo patents, so are very unlikely to be added later.

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kumbhkaran wrote:

Has the tivo feature (pre 360) where you could have keywords set to automatically record things which matched been removed on the update to 360?

If you are referring to Wishlist recording searches, that was a patented TiVO exclusive feature which cannot be replicated on Horizon.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks