cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV service in Westcliff on Sea - engineering update keeps moving hoped-for fix date

maddie3
Tuning in

TV service went down completely on Easter Sunday with 'service status' saying engineer will fix by 17.04 on Tuesday 2nd April '24 - so precise, my hopes were raised. But no Bank Holiday TV for the family: and the hoped-for date came and went. It has now has been moved forward to 17:04 on Friday 5th - if this is correct, I'll be nearly a week without TV, (TiVo).with no realistic fix-by date.

Will I automatically get a refund of the TV portion of my Broadband package, or do I have to apply for it, if and when the loss of service is resolved

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @maddie3 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear your TV isn't working.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No ISP offers a fully redundant connection. If say the fibre has been dug up by another utility company or a car accident has demolished a street cabinet it’s not a 5 minute fix. I believe VM will not notify users of the exact problem for commercial reasons.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

maddie3
Tuning in

UPDATE on TV outage.

Saturday afternoon April 6th, and service status page says TV service should be fixed yesterday, although it isn't. It also says the service is down in my area and "We hope to fix this by 5 April at 17:04 " i.e. yesterday and that it was "Checked at 16:37 today". Well, they can't both be true, clearly.

If, as you surmise, there is a major street-wide problem, and not just my home setup, I'm surprised that there are no other posts regarding this, and that VM remain tight lipped about the issue, just the same bland,message on the status page. You'd think they might at least have the common courtesy to email all affected households. P.s. I was interrupted in this typing with a request to fill in a short survey - I was polite.

maddie3
Tuning in

P.S. I ticked Tudor's explanation of VM's commercial lack of communication and possible car crash wrecking street furniture reasons, as 'Helpful' - this was instantly then tagged as  (green tick) 'Accepted Solution'. That is not helpful to anyone looking for a solution, and it clearly did not 'solve' mine, which at core is My TV is down with no sign of a fix.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@maddie3 wrote:

P.S. I ticked Tudor's explanation of VM's commercial lack of communication and possible car crash wrecking street furniture reasons, as 'Helpful' - this was instantly then tagged as  (green tick) 'Accepted Solution'. T

Use the "thumbs up" option if you want to do so.

I'd imagine that if the loss-of-service is due to a fibre break, it would affect all your services and not just TV. The automatic compensation scheme only applies to a total loss of broadband or landline telephony after an initial 2 working days grace - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

Once your TV service is restored, you would have grounds for a loss-of-service credit for the TV element of your package, providing you have logged that LOS with VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @maddie3 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear your TV isn't working.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for your offer of assistance. Where is your PM - did you email it - it might have gone to spam folder. Incidentally, today Friday 12th April, still no TV - the tivo box just has all lights on and nothing.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi maddie3 

How to access PM's:-

If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

If you are on a mobile/tablet device then click on the little circle icon in the top right  and then select 'Messages'.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali