cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Only Available at Home error

emsc18918
Tuning in

I am unable to watch recorded shows from My Saved area on my iPad. Keep getting message “only available at home” I am connected to same network as my 360 box. Have removed and reinstalled app with no success. I can play shows from my iPhone and in past have been able to view shows from iPad but with intermittent problems. Any suggestions on fix please?

9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @emsc18918, and welcome back to our Community Forums

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced when trying to watch your recorded shows on your iPad.

Have you attempted to use the Virgin Media TV Remote Control app to utilise this feature on your iPad as a work around?

Alternatively, on the iPad you're using, is the current operating software downloaded?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David

Thanks for your reply. I have a 360 box so I use the Virgin TV Go app but this is what is not working for me with my iPad.  The iPad has all up to date software installed. Any further suggestions?

Hey @emsc18918,

Thanks for getting back to us, one other thing to try is to manage your TV Go devices via our website here and completely removing all devices from this, we would then also advise deleting the app fully and resetting the device separately before trying to sign in again.

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for your advice. I have checked my settings and no devices were listed. Have now been able to authenticate my iPad. Removed and reinstalled Virgin TV Go app but now when I attempt to view a saved show from here I get message: Turn on Virgin TV box. This recording is stored on your Virgin TV box. To start watching, make sure you are connected to the same home network as the box and that the box is switched on.

the 360 box is switched on.

any ideas?

That’s what I am getting, can’t watch any saved programmes on phone or iPad, can watch live tv on the app, but my tv box is on 🙄

I'm getting the same as this, also interested as to what the issue is and how to sort it, thanks in advance 

Hi all, 

We are so sorry that you are effected by this issue and we are aware of a wider issue effecting users regarding this notice on TV Go. 

We have got a sticky note here on the forums where you can read up a little more on the issue here.  

Hi. Is there any update on this issue, please? I have the exact same problem and am keenly awaiting a fix from VM.

Hey Hugo_Boss, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please do try the following; 

When trying to do this, TV Go will advise that the set top box is 'offline' or ask to 'turn on Virgin TV box'. We are currently investigating this issue, however in order to assist this we are asking that anyone who is experiencing this issue to please send a private message to ModTeam with the following information, we will then pass this information onto our support team to assist with the investigation;

• Is you set top box turned on when attempting this
  • What set top box do you have (e.g. 360, V6, Stream)
  • Please make sure the Standby power is set to either Active or Fast Start – TVGo does not connect if the box is in Eco mode.
  • Please go to the TVGo App / Settings / Diagnostics and send us a copy of what is listed

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?