cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Control App

Gobmeister
On our wavelength

Google Play store still has Virgin TV control app available but when I install on my Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 12 it does not accept my login details. I've used the same details for years on my old (and now almost dead) MotoG5 running Android 8 with little problem. Very annoying as I rely on it to schedule recordings when away from home.

The app reports login error but when I try to "Return to sign-in" it just comes back to the same screen without giving me an opportunity to re-enter login details.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues installing the app.

Which log in details are you referring to please? 

Are you trying to log into the app store itself or your My Virgin Media account?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Richard1959
Dialled in

As I just posted on another thread about the same problem there Must be an issue with the app as I am having exactly the same problem on my Samsung S21 which is an up to date phone running on the latest Android 13 software. I have tried uninstalling it and then re installing and it goes to the sign in page, I sign in and then it goes straight to the "Login Error, return to sign in or Exit" page. If you click on return to sign in then it doesnt take you to the sign in, it thinks about for a bit and then simply returns you straight back to the error page.

Its nothing wrong with my signing in name or password because the "My Virgin Media" app works fine and I can login into that without any problem.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Gobmeister and @Richard1959 

Just to let you know this does appear to be a wider issue that we aware of and we have flagged this to our teams to look into, as soon as we have a resolution we will update the forums. 

Thank you both

Hi again, 

Just to let you both know our teams have actually popped back very quickly to us and requested that we raise an IT ticket with anyone effected by this issue, so I will pop you both a PM now to arrange this,  please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Richard1959
Dialled in

Well done on getting the problem fixed, it started working again a few days after the above messages. It might have been sooner but I didn't try again until a few days later when I noticed your PM regarding it.

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved now @Richard1959 

Let us know if you need anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs