cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go Pin?

PatrickKi
Joining in

Hi,

PIN problems, Can't reset the pin. The app wont except my pin, when it is reset the message says changed to 1234,  when entered it rejects the code, I have even tried 0000.

Wouldn't it be nice to directly contact a virgin rep and get it fixed?

regards

Patrick

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Patrick,

Have you changed the pin number for your set top box to anything other than 1234 or 0000?  If so please try entering that number using the tvgo app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PatrickKi, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with resetting the PIN for use with the TV Go app. To reset this, please follow the below instructions:

1. Sign in on the Virgin TV Go app or website.
  2. For iOS tap the settings wheel > Parental Controls, and for Android tap Settings > Change PIN; or Settings > Parental Controls > Change PIN.
  3. Enter your current PIN – but if you can’t remember it, you can reset it to the default value which we’ll send to you in a message once you’ve done this.
  4. Create and confirm your new 4-digit PIN for all your Virgin TV Go devices. If you’re a Virgin TV 360 customer, the new PIN will be shared with your TV boxes.

Let us know how this goes and if you have any further issues - you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Yes that is the advice found elsewhere on the website, it is not helpful or useful. How many times do you follow that advice before you stop doing it? After over an hour talking with your service help line, there is still no change; tvgo, does not go if a pin is required, my pin on the set top box is not accepted, a reset pin is not accepted, 0000 is not accepted. I think the service people tried to reset my pin on multiple occasions to no positive outcome. 

I can't access any content that requires a pin, this is poor service, is there a complaint procedure? Or even better a way to resolve this matter.

regards

Patrick

Hi

tvgo, does not go if a pin is required, my pin on the set top box is not accepted, a reset pin is not accepted, 0000 is not accepted. I think the service people tried to reset my pin on multiple occasions to no positive outcome. Tech that is just not good enough...

regards

Patrick

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for letting us know, sorry to hear that these steps aren't resolving the issue.

I've dropped you a PM so I can reset the PIN on our side for you. 😊

Beth