cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports mix not working

FrankGore
Tuning in

I watch NFL redzone on Sky Sports Mix, quite often on my iPad via the sky sports app with virgin login, have done for years. Today when I tried to watch it says my subscription does not give me access to it. I can watch sky sports mix on the TV box but not on a mobile device. I’ve tried logging in / out restarting app and tried my phone as well but have same issue. Any ideas as to what the issue is?

28 REPLIES 28

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FrankGore, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with accessing the channel through the Sky Sports app. As it's working on the TV box itself, this suggests the package is synchronised. Are you getting the same error message when trying to access any of the channels via the Sky Sports app? 

I've re-synced things this end and can see the relevant codes are showing for TV Go and the Sky apps. Can you try deleting the app and re-downloading it? Make sure you're using the latest app version and also check to ensure your device itself has no software updates to run. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Thanks for the response.

All other channels are working fine, it is just Sky Sports Mix. I have the app on multiple devices and have the same issue. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, I did check if it needed an update and also if my phone did and both were fine.

So still stuck 😢

IMG_2903.png

IMG_2904.png

 Uploaded a couple of screenshots to try and get this sorted. Thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FrankGore,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear the same is happening, are you able to watch the content Via our Box if so what channel number is it?

Regards

Paul.

The channel number is 510 - Sky Sports Mix.

yes this works fine on my virgin box just not on the sky sports mobile app like it has for years

Thanks for coming back to us @FrankGore, can you please confirm if NFL Red Zone has only been viewed on Sky Sports Mix, as I understand the NFL currently has it's own designation channel currently - 507?

The availability of this programme on the application may be a decision that's taken by the broadcaster.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi,

NFL games are shown on 507. Redzone has been on Sky Sports Mix for ages.

Please can someone contact me directly to resolve this as I want this sorted before Sunday and I’m currently waiting a day for a reply which answers nothing

Thanks for coming back to us FrankGore,

It seems this issue stands with the broadcaster which is Sky Sports. As it is working as normal through your Virgin box but not on any device you try through the Sky Sports app with the Virgin login, it may be that they have made the decision not to broadcast this through the app.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Bibb01
Tuning in

Same issue. Sky sports mix is the only channel with a locked symbol. Works fine on tv but means I can’t watch the channel in bed. 

really poor and I’d expect virgin to speak with sky if they’re going to blame them 

Hi Bibb01, 

Thanks for joining this thread about this particular issue with your Sky Sports App! Sorry if it's causing some confusion or frustration for you.
Would you be able to take a screenshot of the issue you're encountering please? Post it here so we can take a look at exactly what is happening. 

Have you also tried to access the same channel on a different device? If yes, has it worked or does the same issue occur? 

Are you able to login to your MyVM account with no issues? 

Thanks, 

Megan_L