cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGS-PON Gig1 Symmetrical upload - Complaint

SaltKing
Tuning in

Into our second week of trying to get this added to our new account and the help desk are sadly just playing ping pong and nothing get resolved.

I've raised a complaint and just got a reply back stating "you are on 1gb XGS-PON - thank you - closed"

I have a copy of my contact which shows the "Addon" for £6 but now we are live the VM account doesn't show this, trying to get added is an absolute nightmare, who can assist? the helpdesk is pointless, as cant send screenshot of my contract and the webmail doesn't allow attachments.

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only a VM staff member can help you. It can be 2 or 3 days before they get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

lemon13
Tuning in

In case it helps, when they eventually did mine I got this:

Your new package now includes:
Broadband: Gig1 Full Fibre Broadband. - Discount - Upload speed add-on
We've removed:

Broadband: Gig1 Full Fibre Broadband

Someone (customer) on here had theorised that maybe you need a billing cycle with no changes (I.e., not until after your first bill has been paid) before VMs systems allow them to add it. Don’t know how true that is but mine was finally also added after my first bill was paid..

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @SaltKing,

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your service since signing up, with this as you are an XGS customer this is dealt with by our ringfence team, if you phone them on 0345 454 1111 you will be put through directly to someone able to assist you further.

Joe

No help, all I get is "you are on the full 1gig package"

Never had this much trouble trying to give a company more money per month...

Had Talktalk for 11 years, maybe called them twice and used live chat once - all issues resolved. Not even a month with Virgin and had 6 or so failed calls, countless live chats and 1 Web complaint - and zero sorted.

Hi @SaltKing, we're sorry to hear this. 

We can see you've spoken to the team since your latest post. Are you any further forward with this?

Regards,
Daniel

Nope, nothing resolved - I got a WhatsApp message, but then they backed away due to not been able to support.

I'm very sorry to hear this @SaltKing 

To confirm did you reach out via the phone line we gave the number for in our previous post?