cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow broadband

hansi
Fibre optic

My broadband has slowed to a crawl this morning. Takes about 5 minutes to load a page. What's going on?

13 REPLIES 13

Client62
Legend

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated service to see if there is a local service issue.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

hansi
Fibre optic

Thanks. The download speed looks ok but it still takes ages to load pages. I asked VM to test my connection and they said that there is an issue with it and to check back in 22 hours!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You could see if changing DNS on your device might help it shouldn't if VM DNS is running fine
try

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry not very technical and unsure of how to do that.

Checked on My Account, they say there is an issue with my router and to check back in 0 hours?

You can either wait here for VM staff to pick up the post (usually around 3 days) and check your service, or for an immediate resolution you'll need to get through to the faults team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile or 0345 454 1111 from a non Virgin Media phone.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hansi thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your connection.

I've ran checks on my side here, and there doesn't seem to be any issues on the line at the time of writing.

Are your services still running slowly or do you still require any help?

Please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

It still takes ages to load pages.

Hi @hansi thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your internet speed.  And sorry for any concerns this may be causing you. I would like to a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Regards

Lee_R