cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow broadband

hansi
Fibre optic

My broadband has slowed to a crawl this morning. Takes about 5 minutes to load a page. What's going on?

13 REPLIES 13

Damage1_1
On our wavelength

Hi

Can I ask what the solution to this laggy broadband speed is?

It appears to me that ever since BT have modified the telegraph pole outside my house my Internet my speed tests been good but the spooling seems to go on and on.... The BT thing is probably just me as I can't see any real connection it's just coincidence??

However, whenever I carry out Samknowsspeedtests I get such spurious results but no fixes. I also cannot connect to the VM Connect App despite uninstalling and reinstalling a good few times.

Any ideas?

BTW.. I can't move my hub3 away from my TV because the installation chap left the lead short (easyist  and quickest place I suppose). 

Hi @Damage1_1 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with your internet issues. I am afraid that a telephone pole will not affect the internet service as that is above ground and we supply you via fibre underground. If you are having issues we would advise following this link 👉 WIFI SOS, also ensure that you rebooted the Hub and the latest firmware is present on there. If the issue remains we can reach out to you via private message to look into further.

With the Connect App, there are a few issues with that for the Hub 3 which will see a new release of the app on Thursday, during that time please delete the app and download on Thursday and try connecting again.

Sabrina

It's not that the speed is slow because most of the tests show its ok...its the lag...the continual spooling (only way I can describe it) which has certainly become far worse this year. 

Thanks for the update and reply @Damage1_1

Are you able to share a graph here on this link?
A broadband quality monitor graph will help us see where the lags are in the connection or any other issues that may be present.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs