cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY Virgin Media

hammerandtongs
Tuning in

About my MY VirginMedia account?

The diagnostic states the b/b router (Hub 4) needs to be reset.

(I have rebooted it several times and no difference).

VirginMedia your credentials system is DOWN!

Also, I have not been able to use the internet for days now - what with a 1.5 Mb/1Mg speed on a 1Gb link!

Maybe make an announcement that there is an outage over several areas - for heaven sake!

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi,

thanks for the number.  The service states that there a no issues in my area. My router needs to be reset via MY Virgin Media account - but I cannot login as stated.  Quite frustrating !

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You don't need your MVM account to reset the router.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi hammerandtongs 

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Have you tried factory resetting the hub?

You will need to log in again with the passwords from the bottom of the hub so make sure they are legible.

Also make sure that you use the admin password and not the wifi password to log into the hub settings.

Please try the following exactly as typed.

Disconnect all ethernet cables from the Hub.
With the Hub powered on use a paperclip, or a mobile sim slot tool  and perform a pinhole reset by keeping it pressed in for a timed 60 seconds
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 8 to 10 minutes to boot up and settle down.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali