cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Needs Frequent Rebooting

IanRichardson
Joining in

I was having speed problems with my speed dropping to 90MBs from circa 370MBs every few days.  A reboot of my old hub 3 usually resolved that, but eventually it stuck at 70-90MBs.  An engineer came out and did some work on the cabinet and gave me a Hub 4 and that seemed to resolve the problem.

The problem has returned and every 3 or 4 days I need to reset my router to get my speed back up to 370MBs from 90MBs.  I also seem to be losing connection completely for short periods throughout the day.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like circuit issues to your Hub, so with that in mind .....

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.

Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IanRichardson, 

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had. 

To confirm, is this affecting both a wired & wireless connection?

^Martin

Client62
Legend

Speeds repeatedly dropping about 90 Mb/s over a network cable are usually a faulty cable.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @IanRichardson thanks for taking the time to contact us although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

We can see that some of the power levels to your Hub out of specifications so we will need to get a technician out to resolve this, so please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W