cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every channel Pre/Post RS errors! VM fix my connection plzz?

LaggyFatSLim
Tuning in

All i want is a stable 'ping' when PC gaming & not ping spiking/lag? Thank you.

BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a0470104b1904109b3fa55269b9a129315961b2a

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 09-16-24 Broadband Quality Monitor thinkbroadband.jpg 

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png12.png13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Far too many PostRS errors. Maybe noise ingress? Check the connections are tight.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LaggyFatSLim
Tuning in

Hub3 hard reset 4pm yesterday/14th-12-2023 = no post RS errors yet/Only Pre RS errors.

I think the HUB3 is 'caching' data/junk files, thus making the HUB3 malfunction = Need to hard reset once post RS errors start. Is there a tool to flush all this 'junk cache' instead doing hard reset? (My Theory/still studying it)

pre-post errors.jpgnetwork log.jpgBQM.jpg

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a0470104b1904109b3fa55269b9a129315961b2a

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All the reboots in the world will not fix a problem with the circuit.  If you are getting SYNC errors and PostRS errors, there is a line fault.  Hopefully a VM MOD will pick this up in a day or two and discuss with you about a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LaggyFatSLim
Tuning in

Ranged upstream channel (Hz) changed after the HUB3 hard reset/14-12-2023, not had any 'Post RS errors' as of yet.

ranged upstream.jpg

BQM.jpg

@LaggyFatSLim wrote:

Ranged upstream channel (Hz) changed after the HUB3 hard reset/14-12-2023, not had any 'Post RS errors' as of yet.

The channel that the modem uses for initial ranging doesn't affect the channel bonding. It will bond the same channels (upstream/downstream). Well, it depends... If there are more channels in the plant than the modem can bond to, it may be assigned to a different bonding group.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LaggyFatSLim

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your connection recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this. How are things for you today? Any better, or is the issue still present and the same?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

LaggyFatSLim
Tuning in

If downstream (Hz) starts with '235______' & upstream (Hz) starts with '496_____', then i only get a lot less 'pre RS errors' & no 'post RS errors'. Other (Hz) give me lots pre & 5 post...? (Hz changes sometimes after router 'cold boot').

channel Hz.jpg

Hey there 👋🏼 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the connection you've recently had.
I've had a look on my end and I can see a huge amount of drops on the network which will need further assistance and investigating.

I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs