Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which HUB 5 router power cable!!!

justinbowness
Joining in

Hey everyone.

First post here!

Ive read and read about different cables but i need to relocate my router to a different location. 

1) - I got new cat 7 cables, new coax cables / splitter etc - all worked fine 😇

Then finding a power input cable has been a NIGHTMARE!!  😡

I thought it was just a normal 2.1mm x 5.5mm low power extention cable which could between the original virgin cable and the hub 5.

What the hell do i do ?   im desparate as ive moved everythng else and currently have no power without extension leads everyware.

Thanks in advice everyone.

Any links to the correct cable required would be brilliant. It looks like the pin that goes in the bottom of the hub has a different 'grip' end on it.

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

A main extension may be the easy option.

yeah i know what you mean regard a general power extention but i was hoping to use a small hole in the wall to push the end through without re-wiring plugs

mda99das
Up to speed

Not advocating this but you could splice some twin cable and recrimp everything.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have extended VMs coax cables this might not be your only problem. Most of the cable shown on eBay is not VM approved, nor are the splitters, so both could induce noise onto the local network. You will also change your signal balance, which could be detrimental to your speeds or worse you lose service altogether. The only way to fix it is to open the street cabinet & increase the power on your drop.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks