cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotter Request

1badmouse
Joining in

I have received a flyer saying we are now served by the VM network, and the online portal says we can have all the Gigabits. I live at the bottom of a driveway shared with one other house. Before placing an order, I’d like to make sure we can get connected without damaging next door’s driveway. Can anyone help me on the process of booking a spotter please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have the 2gig service showing available this will be delivered through existing Openreach ducting &/or poles, so will not require any external excavation. It is only where VM have installed their own ducting that additional construction is required.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have the 2gig service showing available this will be delivered through existing Openreach ducting &/or poles, so will not require any external excavation. It is only where VM have installed their own ducting that additional construction is required.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Gig2 is available on nextfibre's network which has been built by a combination of nextfibre's ducts and using Openreach's ducts and poles. You'll need to be home on the day to ensure that the cable goes around the driveway.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @1badmouse 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We would love to have you on board with us and a big thank you to our community team for their help so far, if this is for the 2Gig service have you spoken to our sales team at all on 0800 183 1234.