cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up issue

Costa16
Tuning in

My contract was due to expire the 18th of February. I make my payments every 18th.

I asked to renew my contract from the 18th. As only a week from the payment had passed. The agent made the mistake to renew the contract on the same day and as soon as she realised said “oh! By mistake I have renewed it from today I am so sorry!”. This caused my wife to not be able to work from home for 2 hours and I have lost one month of internet. Plus, as my second deal had less extras, being too expensive, I lost 3 weeks of the extras I had prior the renewal.

what they said was that they were postponing my first month for a bit and they were discounting my first month by £3!

My first experience before the renewal was also horrendous but the complaints team was helpful and resolved in a way that I was content with what was offered. I hope someone can help in this occasion.

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Costa16, 

Thanks for taking the time to get in contact via the Community. We're sorry to hear there were some issues when renewing your contract. 

When you're not removing a service, any contract renewals are processed right away. The only time these would be delayed are in cases where a service is being removed, in which case there is a 30 day notice period. 

As you're billed in advance, you would have paid a higher price for the services so on your next bill that is generated after the change, you'd automatically get a pro-rata refund to ensure you're charged the lower price from the date it took place. 

Your services may have a short glitch whilst the new package updates but you wouldn't lose a month of service. 

Are your services all on and working correctly or do you still have a loss of service? 

Keep us posted so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

They are on and off. Internet is not as fast as it was before.

what I am concerned about is that I have lost a month of the Jan-Feb month as the agent by mistake instead to postpone my contract after the 18th of February has started it there and then.

how will I get the refund of that month as it was not my decision nor my mistake.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Costa16,

Thanks for confirming this, I would like to go about looking into this further with you, for me to do so I am going to sent you a quick private message to confirm some information.

Joe

Hi Joe, I have replied.

Thank you for getting in touch